Sharing our bread with the hungry, sheltering the oppressed and the homeless, clothing the naked when you see them, and not turning your back on your own. – Isaiah 58:7
We have a new email address!
Please update your records. Thanks!
We love you, Mimi
Mimi Scholl, one of our most loving and long-time volunteers, went to her own forever home on August 29, after a brief hospitalization. Mimi threw her heart and soul into helping Holy Ground and our clients, especially our littlest ones. Above, she plays joyfully at our annual picnic with a small member of our Holy Ground family.
Mimi’s family, which includes her sister, Joan Anderson, another of our loyal and long-time volunteers, asks that donations in Mimi’s memory be made to Holy Ground Shelter for Homeless, Inc.,
200 W 20th St, Riviera Beach FL 33404.
Above, left, Mimi at the picnic. Above, right, Mimi with Barbara at our first-ever
Macy’s Shop for a Cause event in 2012.
Thank you, Mimi, for the love you gave to our Holy Ground family. Although we miss you, the joy you brought us
remains in our hearts.
Holy Ground enjoyed another successful Shop for a Cause day, thanks to Macy’s and to all who staffed our table there, all who sold or bought Savings Passes, and all who shopped for Holy Ground’s cause on August 27! We’re already looking forward to next year!
Thank you to the Rotary Club…
…for blessing Holy Ground with $1000! Here are Jan and Phyllis at the August meeting of the Palm Beach Flagler Rotary Club, along with representatives from the Rotary Club and from the other charities who were also awarded gifts: the Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County and Little Smiles. Many thanks!
Take a look at these great photos from our recent picnic!
Why we so strongly believe in Holy Ground Shelter’s long-term, independent living model:
This 5-minute video depicts a theory of change from the Frontiers of Innovation community for achieving breakthrough outcomes for vulnerable children and families. It describes the need to focus on building the capabilities of caregivers and strengthening the communities that together form the environment of relationships essential to children’s lifelong learning, health, and behavior.
Read more about our program…click here!
TO SUPPORT THE WORK OF HOLY GROUND SHELTER:
Holy Ground Shelter for Homeless, Inc.
200 W. 20th Street
Riviera Beach, FL 33404
Phone: (561) 355-5040 E-mail: email@example.com
You can also support our work by designating Holy Ground Shelter as your preferred charity when you shop on Amazon. For details, click here.
HOLY GROUND SHELTER IS A PROUD MEMBER OF:
Homeless and Housing Alliance of Palm Beach County
Heartfelt gratitude to all of our supporters who are so generously supporting our work. We are especially grateful to the following individuals, foundations and charities:
- Palm Beach Diocese – Council of Catholic Women
- Holy Spirit Roman Catholic Church (Lantana) – Council of Catholic Women
- School Sisters of Notre Dame
- Split Rock Foundation
- Dominican Sisters of Sinsinawa
- Ms. Eva Hill
- Extraordinary Charities
- Quantum Foundation
- Mary Alice Fortin Foundation of Florida, Inc.
- R. Cathleen Cox McFarlane Charitable Foundation, Inc.
- Seasiders of Palm Beach Shores
- Mr. and Mrs. Francis Hogan
- Mr. and Mrs. Richard Martens
- Mr. Cecil Birch
- Bethesda by the Sea Mission and Outreach Committee
- The International Society of Palm Beach
- St. Patrick Catholic Church – Palm Beach Gardens, FL
- The JC Foundation
- The Father’s Table Foundation
- The Friars of Atonement – Graymoor
- Palm Beach Diocesan Council of Catholic Women
And heartfelt gratitude, as well, to our partners in providing our clients with the best possible services:
- Healthy Mothers Healthy Babies Coalition of Palm Beach County
- DePorres P.L.A.C.E.
- St. Vincent de Paul Society – St. Paul of the Cross Catholic Church
- Club 100 Charities Food Bank
- Work Force Alliance
- St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church
- Community Partners
Follow Holy Ground on: