Holy Ground in the Media
We are so pleased that word is getting around about our mission to shelter and mentor homeless moms in Palm Beach County! Here are a few of the ways that Holy Ground has been featured in the local media:
- Our Vice President, Jan Kranich, was interviewed on Channel 5. She talked about our program and highlighted how we differ from other similar programs in the area.
- Our Development and Vocational Director, Angela Wing-Allen, had previously been interviewed on Channel 5 as part of a story on the Quantum in the Community Celebration Breakfast. During the breakfast, Holy Ground received the check for a $10,000 grant from Quantum in the Community. Thank you, Quantum, for your continuing support. We would not have gotten this far without you!
- Also at the breakfast, Holy Ground won the 2017 Quantum in the Community Media Opportunity! Thanks to this award (valued at over $2000!), we have been featured in the “Worth Knowing” segment of the Feb 9, 2018 edition of Palm Beach Society magazine. We are so grateful to Quantum for affording us this marvelous opportunity to spread the word about our program!
- We have also been spotlighted in the Notables section of the Palm Beach Post, once again thanks to Quantum! Please read this wonderful feature article about our program.
- The Neighborhood Post included one of our luncheon photos in a montage for their “Your Neighborhood in Pictures” feature.
- The Palm Beach Daily News covered our Capital Campaign Cocktail Party in the Society pages. Take a look! For more photos from the event, click here.
Thank you to AutoNation Chevrolet Greenacres and the Society of St Vincent de Paul in Greenacres for their generous gift of an entire Thanksgiving feast for each of our clients!
As you can see in the happy faces above, our little families were thrilled to receive their Thanksgiving boxes, each of which included a turkey and a ham (both precooked), stuffing, canned goods, juice, Thanksgiving-themed tableware, a gift certificate, and — for each mom — a bag of cosmetics to help her feel beautiful both inside and out.
Thank you for your generosity and for sharing the spirit of giving with our Holy Ground families this Thanksgiving!