Planned giving is a process using tax- and financial-planning methods to allow the donor to achieve personal and charitable objectives. There are several methods of planned giving.
Holy Ground PBC would be deeply honored to be included in your planned giving. Our planned giving program is called the Legacy Circle. We have financial advisors who would be happy to assist you in setting up your Legacy Circle gift.
- Bequest in a Will: A donor can designate Holy Ground Shelter for Homeless, Inc. (DBA: Holy Ground PBC) as the recipient of all or part of his/her estate. However, this can only be accomplished through a will or other estate planning documents. Please see below for how to name Holy Ground in your will.
- Charitable Remainder Trust: Either cash or other assets (appreciated stocks) can be put into a remainder trust, which is irrevocable. During the donor’s lifetime, he/she can receive payments, at least quarterly, amounting to 5% or greater, depending on the age of the donor. At the death of the donor, the remaining balance would transfer to Holy Ground PBC.
- Charitable Lead Trust: Any donor can create a trust naming a charitable beneficiary and specifying the trust terms, then transfer the property to the trust. The trustee who administers the trust is responsible for the investment of the assets and administration of the trust. The trustee pays the required amount to Holy Ground PBC at specified times and then distributes the remaining balance to the beneficiaries at the end of the trust term.
- Retirement/IRA Account: You can transfer your IRA at your death to a qualified charity as a beneficiary. Holy Ground PBC would not incur any income tax on the proceeds because of its tax-exempt status.
- Life Insurance: Life insurance provides many options for a donor to choose from. You may choose to designate Holy Ground PBC as the beneficiary, or partial beneficiary, of a life insurance policy. There is no income tax benefit with this option but a possible estate tax benefit. You may also donate existing policies that are no longer needed. Tax deductions may be equal to the policy’s cash replacement value. A donor may also purchase a policy and name Holy Ground PBC as the owner and beneficiary; the premiums you pay are fully tax deductible. At the donor’s death, the charity receives the insurance proceeds.
- Charitable Gift Annuity: A donor may transfer a specified amount of money or other property to Holy Ground PBC. In return, Holy Ground would pay the donor a certain amount (annuity) each year for a specified term or for the remainder of the donor’s life. At the death of the donor (recipient of the annuity), Holy Ground PBC would use the principal in accordance with the terms of the gift.
How to Name Holy Ground PBC in Your Will
- Legal name: Holy Ground Shelter for Homeless, Inc. (DBA: Holy Ground PBC)
- Address: 200 W. 20th Street, Riviera Beach, FL 33404
- Federal tax ID#: 26-3342975
How to Notify Holy Ground PBC of Your Gift
We hope you’ll let us know when you have named Holy Ground PBC in your will or trust so that we can thank you and include you on our website (if desired) as a member of our Legacy Circle.
Please use the form below to notify us of your intentions:
Thank you so much for your generosity!
Holy Ground PBC is blessed and honored
that you have chosen to include us in your planned giving.
Please know that we will be good and careful
custodians of your gift.