Sharing our bread with the hungry, sheltering the oppressed and the homeless, clothing the naked when you see them, and not turning your back on your own. – Isaiah 58:7
Holy Ground was designated a Holy Ground was also selected 2016 Extraordinary Charity by: as a participating charity by:
Would you like to honor your own mom — or a cherished someone who has been like a mother to you — by giving the gift of home and home to young, homeless mothers? Click here to listen to a special Mother’s Day message from Marie, one of our Holy Ground moms, and learn how you can add your mom’s name to one of the Honor Rolls below!
In Memory of These Amazing Moms:
Winifred Irene Ferara
Rose Irene Richardson
Anita Turner Stanislas
Helen Gregoire Tierney
In Honor of These Marvelous Moms:
Maureen Dorney O’Connell (spiritual mother)
Add your mom’s name by clicking here!
Dear Holy Ground PBC Friends,
I hope this notice finds you and yours healthy and navigating this global crisis with strength, compassion, and a sense of peace. We are all facing unprecedented challenges, and my thoughts and prayers are especially with those directly impacted by the virus.
I wanted to share some information on the steps that Holy Ground PBC has taken to protect our clients since the onset of this crisis.
- We have implemented our Epidemic-Specific Disaster Plan, which addresses the various condition levels (Watch, Alert, Epidemic, and Recovery) with accompanying action items for both staff and clients.
- We have provided all of Holy Ground’s residential clients with comprehensive packets covering information about the Novel Coronavirus, along with steps on how to protect themselves, their children and the Holy Ground PBC community at large. Holy Ground’s Board and Staff received a similar packet.
We diligently employ infection control procedures on our campuses, and we constantly monitor information and directives being issued on national, state and local levels and adjust accordingly. Though staff over the age of 60 are now working remotely, we maintain a staff presence on site and remain in constant contact with all of our clients, including daily wellness checks.
Additionally, because we recognize that this unprecedented crisis will also have serious financial implications, we have taken the following steps in an attempt to ensure a continuity of essential services (shelter, food, and medical services):
- Applied for any available coronavirus-related grants sponsored by local foundations
- Reached out to other funders to line up additional financial assistance in the event it is needed
- Reduced some of our non-essential wraparound services
- Decreased staff work hours; in addition, staff will receive no pay increase in 2020… all of which, I want to share with you, was received by staff with a spirit of “we are all in this together.”
Two thirds of our clients have already lost their jobs, and we expect more losses to come. Additionally, many of the daycare facilities supported by the Early Learning Coalition have suspended services. Therefore, the expenses necessary to see our young families through this crisis are projected to significantly increase.
To minimize expenditures as much as possible, we are reaching out to various food banks. Our board, staff and mentors are responding to our call to assist in providing food and other essential supplies for our clients and I, personally, have committed to donating a meaningful portion of my monthly salary back to Holy Ground PBC during the duration of this crisis.
Our daily realities today are certainly vastly different from what they were just a few weeks ago, and there are many challenges ahead. To those of you who have already made a special donation, know that we are deeply grateful for your support. We ask all of our supporters who are in the position to do so to also consider making a donation… every dollar will make a critical impact.
In gratitude and in trust that God is the Great Provider,
Phyllis Turner Jepson
Our Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony
Above is a small sample of the photos from the event, but you can enjoy all the photos here! Top: Holy Ground’s board and staff proudly show off the new property sign.
Bottom, left: Fr Seamus Murtagh, Danielle Hickox Moore and Mrs Lesly Smith doing the honors. Bottom, right: One of Holy Ground’s little ones is thrilled with her new home!
All photos above © TRACEY BENSON PHOTOGRAPHY
Why we so strongly believe in Holy Ground’s long-term, independent living model:
This 5-minute video depicts a theory of change from the Frontiers of Innovation community for achieving breakthrough outcomes for vulnerable children and families. It describes the need to focus on building the capabilities of caregivers and strengthening the communities that together form the environment of relationships essential to children’s lifelong learning, health, and behavior.
To read more about our program…click here!
TO SUPPORT THE WORK OF HOLY GROUND:
Holy Ground PBC 200 W. 20th Street Riviera Beach, FL 33404 Phone: (561) 355-5040 E-mail
A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Division of Consumer Services (www.FloridaConsumerHelp.com) by calling toll-free (800-435-7352) within the state. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval, or recommendation by the state. Holy Ground Shelter for Homeless, Inc.’s registration number is CH36565.
You can also support our work by designating Holy Ground as your preferred charity when you shop on Amazon. For details, click here.
HOLY GROUND PBC IS A
PROUD MEMBER OF:
Homeless and Housing Alliance of Palm Beach County
Heartfelt gratitude to all of our supporters who are so generously supporting our work. We are especially grateful to the following individuals, foundations and charities:
- Great Charity Challenge
- Palm Beach Diocese – Council of Catholic Women
- Holy Spirit Roman Catholic Church (Lantana) – Council of Catholic Women
- School Sisters of Notre Dame
- Split Rock Foundation
- Dominican Sisters of Sinsinawa
- Ms. Eva Hill
- Extraordinary Charities
- Quantum Foundation
- Mary Alice Fortin Foundation of Florida, Inc.
- Cathleen McFarlane Charitable Foundation, Inc.
- Seasiders of Palm Beach Shores
- Mr. and Mrs. Francis Hogan
- Mr. and Mrs. Richard Martens
- Mr. Cecil Birch
- Bethesda by the Sea Mission and Outreach Committee
- The International Society of Palm Beach
- St. Patrick Catholic Church – Palm Beach Gardens, FL
- The JC Foundation
- The Father’s Table Foundation
- The Friars of Atonement – Graymoor
And heartfelt gratitude, as well, to our partners in providing our clients with the best possible services:
- DePorres P.L.A.C.E.
- St. Vincent de Paul Society – St. Paul of the Cross Catholic Church
- Club 100 Charities Food Bank
- Work Force Alliance
- St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church
- Community Partners