Sharing our bread with the hungry, sheltering the oppressed and the homeless, clothing the naked when you see them, and not turning your back on your own. – Isaiah 58:7
Congratulations to Kerry Gray of Jupiter, Florida who was the lucky winner of Holy Ground’s basket raffle during Macy’s recent Shop for a Cause event.
Much gratitude to Ms. Teresa G. Maschke, Proprietor of Outback Steakhouse, 10933 North Military Trail in Palm Beach Gardens for their generous donation of a $50 gift certificate and three free appetizer cards which were the centerpiece of our raffle basket.
Thanks, too, to all who entered our raffle and to Macy’s for not only supporting Holy Ground Shelter but many other local non-profits through their annual event.
Holy Ground Shelter for Homeless, Inc. is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit established in 2009. Our mission is to shelter and mentor homeless, pregnant and/or parenting teen and young adult females (ages 17-21 yrs.) and their children living in Palm Beach County. In addition to providing rental assistance, Holy Ground is committed to assisting clients in accessing prenatal and postnatal healthcare services, food, clothing, baby equipment, education/job training, and parenting and independent living skills. A pregnant teen may be admitted to our program at any time during her pregnancy. Upon admission, each client will be matched with one or more adult female mentors to accompany and guide them on their journey from adolescence to adulthood and motherhood. Holy Ground is an independent faith-based, non-profit organization that adheres to Judeo-Christian values. Created out of a profound respect for the God-given gift of life, Holy Ground is committed to protecting, nurturing, and improving the lives of both mother and child. To learn more about our program: Holy Ground Shelter At A Glance
Note: Unfortunately, Holy Ground Shelter cannot provide services to anyone with substance abuse or mental health issues.
TO MAKE A DONATION:
Heartfelt gratitude to all of our supporters who are so generously supporting our work. We are especially grateful to the following individuals, foundations and charities:
- Ms. Eva Hill
- Extraordinary Charities
- Quantum Foundation
- Mary Alice Fortin Foundation of Florida, Inc.
- R. Cathleen Cox McFarlane Charitable Foundation, Inc.
- Seasiders of Palm Beach Shores
- Mr. and Mrs. Francis Hogan
- Mr. and Mrs. Richard Martens
- Mr. Cecil Birch
- Bethesda by the Sea Mission and Outreach Committee
- The International Society of Palm Beach
- St. Patrick Catholic Church – Palm Beach Gardens, FL
- The JC Foundation
- The Father’s Table Foundation
- The Friars of Atonement – Graymoor
- Palm Beach Diocesan Council of Catholic Women
And heartfelt gratitude, as well, to our partners in providing our clients with the best possible services:
- Healthy Mothers Healthy Babies Coalition of Palm Beach County
- DePorres P.L.A.C.E.
- St. Vincent de Paul Society – St. Paul of the Cross Catholic Church
- Club 100 Charities Food Bank
- Work Force Alliance
- St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church